Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Katmandu, Nepal



By Jessica Moyher
     On vacation I went to Nepal!  My favorite part was seeing the Monkey Temple. They called it the Monkey Temple because a lot of monkeys live there. The monkeys were nice and didn’t attack my family and me. At one part was a tree where there were monkeys that swung from the tree to the next and then to the next. It didn’t smell like anything unusual but it was cold and the monkeys were screeching loudly. It sounded like someone was getting murdered but saying ‘OO! OO! AH! AH!’ I thought that it was pretty cool to see a big temple filled with monkeys.
       There was a big temple with Buddha eyes and near the bottom were pray wheels that went around the temple. Prayer wheels are cylinders that people spin and pray. In a corner were a lot of mini temples that looked like a graveyard. There was also a golden water fountain. I don’t know if that the fountain was made of real gold but it looked real. Now I thought that is awesome.
      On the top was a humongous stair case made of rock that lead to a great view of Katmandu. When I heard we were going to the Monkey Temple I thought it was going to be a temple with monkeys in it and smell like dirty monkeys. But it seemed really cool. And that was an amazing trip. We went to other places and went trekking but that was the best part in Katmandu.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Jessica,
    After reading your article I feel like I would love the monkey temple. If you wonder why it's because you gave so many great details about it. Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it is a nice place to go to Amber.
      from Jessica

      Delete
  2. great job jesica victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you victoria.
      from jessica

      Delete
  3. great trip the monkey temple was very crowded with monkeys.

    ReplyDelete